'EAST CANADA AND NEW BRUNSWICK.' by J. Rapkin / John Tallis & co. c.1851
A decorative and detailed mid 19th century map of Eastern Canada including Quebec and New Brunswick which appeared in John Tallis's Illustrated Atlas (London & New York: c.1851)
The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 to 1853, was the last decorative world atlas. The 'East Canada' map was typical of the many fine ones which appeared in this work with its decorative border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are views of the City of Quebec from the St. Lawrence and 'North American Indians' (Native Americans).
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 34.3cms by 25.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; centrefolded, as issued. There are a few very minor stains. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 155 years old.