'CHEPSTOW Monmouthshire.' by G. Varley / S. Smith c.1801 (Beauties of England & Wales)
A finely engraved and attractive early 19th century view of Chepstow [Welsh: Cas-gwent], Monmouthshire -- including the Castle and the River Wye -- which appeared in John Britton's The Beauties of England and Wales ( London: Vernor and Hood, 1801-1815).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 15.3cms by 11.4cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.