'BRITISH INDIA' by John Tallis / J. Rapkin / A. H. Wray / G. Greenbach c.1851
A highly decorative mid 19th century map of India (including Nepal) which was drawn and engraved by J. Rapkin and appeared in John Tallis's Illustrated Atlas (London & New York: c.1851)
The Illustrated Atlas, published from 1849 to 1853, was the last decorative world atlas. The 'British India' map was typical of the many fine ones which appeared in this work with its decorative border and attractive vignettes. Illustrated are views of Lahore; Cootub Minar, Delhi; an Indian procession and Belouche tribesmen.
- This is an original steel engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 25cms by 33.8cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on 'Delivery Policy' for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 155 years old.